Hey everyone, the last time we posted about body shapes we realized we needed to know more about our body shape. We started out with the Straight Body Type and as promised, we will now discuss the Hourglass Body Type.
Hourglass body type has a shapely chest (boobylicious) and bottom that is almost of equal size and a defined waist. Just think of the old adage that women use to say when describing their shape: 36-24-36.
As an Hourglass body type your assets are your rounded bottom and shapely legs. So, if you’re an hourglass shape, remember two things: one… I need to accentuate my waist and two… I need to show off my shapely legs.
Ok, now what is the best clothing to buy?
Your tops should be:
- Form-fitting shirts
- Tailored Shirts
- Shirts with banding at the waist, V-neck, U-shape
- Wide Belts
- Bra with support and control
Your bottom should be:
- High-waist pants and skirts
- Pencil skirts
- Boot cut and straight leg pants
- Skinny jeans and Jeans with flap pockets
- Can wear any length dress
Your dress should be:
- Wrap dress
- Tank dress
- Strapless dress
Your Jackets should be:
- Tailored Jacket
- A-line coat
- Avoid the straight lines style, it will cover up your curves and make you appear heavy.
- To show off your curves try using proportions by adding a bit of volume to your upper and lower body.